Welcome to Michelle K Photography and art website and thank you for considering Michelle K Photography and art for your photographic needs. I have been in the business for over 6 years and thoroughly enjoy working with families to capture memorable moments.
I specialize in Commercial, Weddings and portrait photography as well as professional headshots and realestate. I also enjoy street photography, shooting at sports venues, nature and travel photography.
I am a very punctual, artistic, creative individual and strive to please my customer by providing beautiful works of art that are pleasing to the eye and the pocket.
Michelle Kraft grew up in the California bay area and graduated from high school in 2001. At the age of 19, she purchased her first digital camera and spent her 2nd year of college studying abroad in Florence Italy. In Italy, she became well versed in their culture and language and it was there where she found her passion for photography. She shot many candid photos of every day life, and even won third place in a contest for a photo she took while she was there.
After completing her Associate’s degree from Sierra Community College in Rocklin California, she got married to Cary Kraft whom was in the military. They eventually retired in League City, Texas where she completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Studio Art with a minor in Art History from the University of Houston-Clear Lake in Houston, Texas.
Professional photographer with 15+ years of experience and a strong foundation in art and design. Possess a versatile background in business and creative pursuits that uniquely equips me with the motivation, talent, and capability to create and publish content that is meaningful to my clients.
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON CLEAR LAKE
BFA ART & DESIGN
MINOR IN ART HISTORY
December 2018 | GPA: 3.9
Magna Cum Laude
Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society
Relevant Coursework: Traditional Photography, Advanced Photography, Photojournalism, Web Design, Communications, Marketing, Design Foundations
Professional Freelance Photographer
January 2003 – Present
· Hired by SouthWaste Disposal for commercial photography advertising
· Photographed artwork for Interior designer Isabelle Truchon
· Hired by Hewlett Packard for employee headshots
· Sports Photography: Houston Astros
· Studied in Florence, Italy and spent 4 months shooting travel and street photography
o Won 3rd place in a photography contest in Florence
· Traveled to Mexico, Amsterdam, Germany, and across the United States, adding to Travel and street photography portfolio
· Individual portrait sessions including Senior Pictures, Maternity, Newborn, family, and professional headshots
· Weddings and other private events
Canon 5D Mark IV
Canon 6 D Mark II
3 Canon Speedlight flashes
Lenses: Canon 70-200 2.8L, Canon 24-70 2.8L, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 100 2.8L Macro, Canon 17-40 4L, Canon 2x teleconverter, Tamron 150-600 F5-6.6, 35 mm Film Minolta several bodies and several lenses
Logo and website design
Social media marketing
Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) and older
· (Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator)
Microsoft Office Suite
· (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Traditional darkroom processing
AAA | Member Service Representative March 2014 - December 2015
· Top Sales Agent and Travel Consultant
Sierra Pacific Mortgage | Loan Processor December 2008 – July 2011
· Created Marketing Material and Loan Processing
CitiFinancial | Branch Account Manager June 2006 – Nov 2008
· Managed over 500 branch accounts and 2 office employees
Citibank | Financial Associate December 2004 – June 2006
· New account sales and cash handling